Sunday, May 31, 2009

Goodbye to my Baby

This is Luis. Luis is now, as far as Michael believes, the proud owner of all of Michael's baby blankets. We decided that when Michael turned 4, that he would officially give up his blankets . . . a real Big Boy. We also decided that we were going to Columbia Zoo (which we did last year as well) for Michael's birthday. We were going to go on his actual day, but it poured rain that day and we ended up going swimming at a local workout facility. So, since Gramma was in town today, we decided to make the trek to Columbia. Michael packed up his blankets in a little box, stuffed them in the bottom of the stroller, and off we went. When we got to the giraffes, Michael went to grab the box and said he was going to throw the blankets in to the baby. I told him that we had to talk to a zoo person first. I went and talked to the lady selling lettuce to feed the giraffes and explained the situation. She was definitely willing to play along. Michael excitedly carried the box to her and told her, "These are my blankets for the baby giraffe. He can snoodle with them." The lady told him that Luis would love them, and thanked him for being so sweet. I just about lost my stuff! We then got to feed a giraffe, not the baby, but still, HOW COOL IS THAT!?!? Bryan then went and threw the blankets away. Yes, I kept one for sentimental sake, but as far as Michael knows---no more baby blankets!

1 comment:

The Breedloves said...

That is the cutest...and the best idea I've heard yet! We're definitely doing it for the passy when Sam grows up! I love it!