Monday, November 29, 2010

Cayden Turned 3

Stats: 40 inches tall, 36 pounds.

This is my baby . . . my little one . . . who is just not little anymore! When I call him my baby, he shouts defiantly, "I'm not a baby, I'm a BIG boy!"
He is confident that he can do everything his big brother does, and yet is quick to temper when he finds he cannot in fact do it. When I say they are night and day, they are NIGHT AND DAY! Michael's temperament has always been pretty easy going, laid back. Cayden on the other hand is a mini-me. Wants to be in charge, wants to control what is happening, wants to do it himself, gets super involved in whatever is happening around him. He does nothing that he isn't putting his whole effort into, so he gets upset easily when he can't do it the way he envisioned. LOVES to be with people, doesn't want to be alone, doesn't want to play alone. He is super lovey and cuddly. He is quite opinionated, down to the clothing he wants to wear. If he asks Bryan a question and I answer it, he is quick to say, "I was talking to Daddy." Because he puts his all into everything, he sometimes gets overloaded and will come home super stressed. It will take about 5 minutes and then he just falls apart. He will walk himself to our staircase, plop down on the stairs, and just cry for about 5-10 minutes. Then he will stop, get up, and come say, "I'm all better now" and go play with Michael. It is just pitiful and hilarious all rolled up into one tall child. If I had to use one word to describe him, it would be fierce---intense in everything he is and does.

And that is how we love him, fiercely!

1 comment:

Kendra Cameron-Jarvis said...

It is funny how kids can be totally different. It is interesting to have a child who is resembles you. It is like holding a mirror in front of you-you see yourself through your child. Sometimes that can be a good thing and sometimes not so good...