Thursday, January 13, 2011

10 Things . . .

Just for you Christal:
10 things I love about having 2 boys:

10. Built-in playmate
9. Hand-me-down toys
8. You don't have to worry about finding Barbie accessories
7. Legos really are fun to play with!
6. You can dress them in the same clothes and they look totally cute.
5. Hand-me-down clothes
4. I love that I get to mold them into wonderful men.
3. It is fun to watch my husband relive his childhood with our boys.
2. It is amazing to watch Michael guide, coach, and help Cayden.
1. It is amazing to watch the eyes of Cayden looking at Michael like he is the most amazing, wonderful, person in the world, so full of love and awe.

One of my favorite moments so far in this wild journey was this past Saturday. Bryan and I were cleaning the house so we told the boys they needed to find things to do, play without us. We started working, were quite focused on what we were doing and about 20 minutes went by. I realized that I hadn't heard anything from the boys in awhile. I looked around and saw that Michael's bedroom door was closed. I slowly opened it, making sure not to knock over whatever might be right behind the door. My heart just filled up when I saw the two boys on the bed, Michael reading a book to Cayden. Michael said, "Hi Mommy, I am teaching Cayden about different kinds of birds." Cayden had a huge smile on his face. I closed the door back and went back to working. As my Nana would say, "God love them."

3 comments:

The Gieses said...

LOVE IT! Thanks so much for sharing. I can't wait!

The Breedloves said...

Um....I want my boys to read books together! When does that happen?

The Rejzer Family said...

Breedlove: apparently at age 5 1/2 and 3, who knew? Michael is getting to be a great reader, I am so proud of him!